Join Our Team
APPLY IN PERSON at 6221 Chappell Rd NE Albuquerque, NM
Applications must be mailed, delivered in person, or emailed to HR@highwaysupply.net. Your application must include a current Motor Vehicle Report, which can be found here, and a signed New Hire Process Sheet. Incomplete applications WILL NOT be considered. We want to thank you for taking interest in employment here at Highway Supply. We are always seeking career-minded individuals who care about employment longevity, advancement opportunities and great benefits. Our hiring process is tougher than most. Please read the following below: At Highway Supply we have a set of Values that we live every day. We look to hire persons who share the same set of Values.
- You must fill out the standard employment application completely.
- You will need to have a thorough understanding of the position and job requirements in which you are applying for.
- You will need to provide at least 3 previous employment references.
- You must possess a valid New Mexico driver’s license.
- You must have an acceptable driving record – No more than 2 driving citations within the last 3 years and no DUI/DWI convictions within the last 5 years.
- You must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
- We do conduct background checks.
- If you can successfully meet these basic requirements and are selected for an interview, then you will start the interview process.
- You will need to be prepared to have a minimum of 2 interviews and in some cases 3.
- We will contact all 3 of your previous employment references.
- We will conduct a background check.
- You may be required to take a personality/aptitude test.
- Once the interview process is completed and we have made you a job offer then you will start the hiring process.
Once an offer of employment has been made:
- Our insurance company will verify that your motor vehicle driving record is acceptable. Unacceptable driving records will be cause for withdrawal of employment offer.
- You will be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug screen. You are responsible for the $58.00 drug screen fee up front. Should you pass the pre-employment drug screen, Highway Supply will reimburse you this cost. Positive results/failed tests will not be reimbursed and will be cause for withdrawal of employment offer. Please note that during the course of employment, you may be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
- You will be required to fill out a basic medical questionnaire that will identify your physical ability to perform the job which you are being hired for.
The TC Dispatcher is responsible for the daily execution of customers’ requests, by safely and efficiently scheduling and directing the activities of TC field crews and/or resources in support of the Companies goals, customer satisfaction, regulatory requirements, and management plans.
View the complete job description here.
Traffic Control Technician
This position involves setting up road closures, lane closures and detour routes for construction projects. Applicants must be able to lift 50 lb. sandbags throughout the day. This position requires an individual to be very flexible with a changing work schedule, be able to work overtime, stay out of town for several days or nights at times and work in all climates.
Pavement Marking Technician
This position is for individuals to install roadway striping on City streets and interstates. This position requires an individual to be very flexible with a changing work schedule, be able to work overtime, stay out of town for several days or nights.
Permanent Sign Installation Technician
This position involves manual labor installing signs, post and requires individuals to be very flexible with a changing work schedule, be able to work overtime, stay out of town for several days or nights. Our Perm Sign Crew installs permanent traffic signing on NM Highways, City & County Roads.