Join Our Team
APPLY IN PERSON at 6221 Chappell Rd NE Albuquerque, NM
A note to all applicants applying…
Thank you for your interest in Highway Supply, LLC!
Applications must be mailed, delivered in person, or emailed to HR@highwaysupply.net. Your application must include a current Motor Vehicle Report, which can be found online here, or obtained at your local DMV. Incomplete applications WILL NOT be considered. We want to thank you for taking interest in employment here at Highway Supply! We are always seeking career-minded individuals who care about employment longevity, advancement opportunities, and great benefits.
Our hiring process is tougher than most. Please read the following below: At Highway Supply we have a set of Values that we live every day. We look to hire persons who share the same set of Values.
Highway Supply Values
- You must fill out the standard employment application completely.
- You will need to have a thorough understanding of the position and job requirements in which you are applying for.
- You will need to provide at least 3 previous employment references.
- You must possess a valid New Mexico driver’s license. Our insurance company will verify that your motor vehicle driving record is acceptable. You must have an acceptable driving record – No more than 2 driving citations within the last 3 years and no DUI/DWI convictions within the last 5 years.
- You must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
- We do conduct background checks.
- If you can successfully meet these basic requirements and are selected for an interview, then you will start the interview process.
- You will need to be prepared to have a minimum of 2 separate interviews and in some cases 3.
- We will contact all of your previous employment references.
- Once the interview process is completed and we have made you a job offer, then you will start the hiring process.
Once an offer of employment has been made:
- You will be required to fill out a basic medical questionnaire that will identify your physical ability to perform the job which you are being hired for.
- A background check will be run.
- After a completed background check has been reviewed and approved, you will be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug screen. You are responsible for the $70.00 drug screen fee up front. Should you pass the pre-employment drug screen, Highway Supply will reimburse you this cost. Positive results/failed tests will not be reimbursed and will be cause for withdrawal of employment offer. Please note that during the course of employment, you may be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Highway Supply utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment authorization of all newly hired employees. This process requires you to bring at least two forms of ID on your first day of employment (e.g.: Driver’s License and Social Security Card, Driver’s License and Birth Certificate, etc. For a full list of acceptable documents, visit: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/acceptable-documents).
- Health Care Coverage
Comprehensive medical, prescription, dental, and vision covered with 65% of the premiums paid by Highway Supply.
One times your annual salary Basic Life Insurance free to regular full-time employees.
Employee paid short-term disability benefits may continue for up to 26 weeks per calendar year.
- Long-Term Disability
Regular full-time employees automatically receive a basic level of Long-Term disability coverage, free to employees.
Employee paid on and off the job coverage for accidents and critical illnesses.
- Paid Time Off
Regular full-time employees earn from 5 to 20 paid days off per year based upon years of service.
Regular full-time employees earn up to 5 days of sick leave per year.
$25.00 per night for out of town work.
Permanent Sign Installation Technician
This position involves manual labor installing signs, post and requires individuals to be very flexible with a changing work schedule, be able to work overtime, stay out of town for several days or nights. Our Perm Sign Crew installs permanent traffic signing on NM Highways, City & County Roads.
Traffic Control Technician
This position involves setting up road closures, lane closures and detour routes for construction projects. Applicants must be able to lift 50 lb. sandbags throughout the day. This position requires an individual to be very flexible with a changing work schedule, be able to work overtime, stay out of town for several days or nights at times and work in all climates.
Pavement Marking Technician
This position is for individuals to install roadway striping on City streets and interstates. This position requires an individual to be very flexible with a changing work schedule, be able to work overtime, stay out of town for several days or nights.
Safety & Training Manager
This is an hourly, full-time position with Highway Supply LLC. HSLLC is an EEO Highway Safety Company. As the Safety Culture Leader, this position is responsible for Managing Highway Supply’s Safety Program in compliance with federal and state requirements to include managing participation, compliance, and reporting of Highway Supply’s Safety Program. Conduct inspections of field and operations, jobsites and facilities. Administer and generate company trainings and meetings. Manage claims as it relates to liability, workman’s compensation, accident reporting and investigation. Involvement in industry partnerships. This position requires the ability to evaluate information while having a great attention for detail. Competent with Microsoft Office, basic data entry skills, general math skills, and is a great verbal communicator. Is extremely organized, has exceptional customer service skills and is able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. This position requires frequent driving, jobsite visits both in and out of town with potential for some overnight lodging. Occasional after-hours, travel & some desk time