Join Our Team
APPLY IN PERSON at 6221 Chappell Rd NE Albuquerque, NM
A note to all applicants applying…
Thank you for your interest in Highway Supply, LLC!
Applications must be mailed, delivered in person, or emailed to HR@highwaysupply.net. We are always seeking career-minded individuals who care about employment longevity, advancement opportunities, and great benefits.
Please read the following below: At Highway Supply we have a set of Values that we live every day. We look to hire persons who share the same set of Values.
Highway Supply Values
- You must possess a valid New Mexico driver’s license. Our insurance company will verify that your motor vehicle driving record is acceptable. You must have an acceptable driving record – No more than 2 driving citations within the last 3 years and no DUI/DWI convictions within the last 5 years. We will run your MVR through our insurance carrier to determine eligibility.
- Fill out employment application completely. Resumes may be attached to completed application.
- Basic job descriptions can be found on this web page. Please have a thorough understanding of the job requirements.
- You must provide previous employment references; references will be contacted.
- You must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening and a basic background check.
- If you can successfully meet these basic requirements email or bring in your completed application.
- Applications brought into our office may result in an immediate interview in most cases. Please be sure to bring two forms of ID (includes NM Driver’s License), job offers may be made immediately on site.
- Emailed or other applications will be scheduled with Hiring Taskforce.
- In most cases an interview will be immediately granted upon turning in of completed application. Administrative/Management positions will be scheduled for panel interviews.
- Once the interview process is completed and we have made you a job offer, then you will start the hiring process.
- Highway Supply utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment authorization of all newly hired employees. This process requires you to bring at least two forms of ID on your first day of employment (e.g.: Driver’s License and Social Security Card.
- A basic medical questionnaire that will identify your physical ability to perform the job which you are being hired for is required.
- You will be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug screen. Positive results/failed tests will be cause for withdrawal of employment offer.
- Please note that during the course of employment, you may be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
- A background check will be conducted.
- Once a passing drug screen had been administered, employment/work may begin.
- Background checks may take up to 2 weeks to complete; continued employment is contingent on passing of background screening.
- Health Care Coverage
Comprehensive medical, prescription, dental, and vision covered with 65% of the premiums paid by Highway Supply.
One times your annual salary Basic Life Insurance free to full-time employees.
Employee paid short-term disability benefits may continue for up to 26 weeks.
- Long-Term Disability
Long-Term disability free to full-time employees.
Employee paid on and off the job coverage for accidents and critical illnesses.
- Paid Time Off
Full-time employees earn from 5 to 20 PTO days per year, based on years of service.
All employees earn 1 hour for every 30 hours worked.
$25.00 per night for out of town work.
Permanent Sign Installation Technician
This position involves manual labor installing signs, post and requires individuals to be very flexible with a changing work schedule, be able to work overtime, stay out of town for several days or nights. Our Perm Sign Crew installs permanent traffic signing on NM Highways, City & County Roads.
Traffic Control Technician
This position involves setting up road closures, lane closures and detour routes for construction projects. Applicants must be able to lift 50 lb. sandbags throughout the day. This position requires an individual to be very flexible with a changing work schedule, be able to work overtime, stay out of town for several days or nights at times and work in all climates.
Pavement Marking Technician
This position is for individuals to install roadway striping on City streets and interstates. This position requires an individual to be very flexible with a changing work schedule, be able to work overtime, stay out of town for several days or nights.